Using the latest network software and hardware innovations from Leica Geosystems and with a broad range of real time and web products, SmartNet has become the de facto standard for GNSS network services. Many professionals benefit from Leica SmartNet to efficiently complete their daily tasks, including Surveying, Engineering, Construction, Agriculture, Machine Control, Utility Surveys, Archaeology, Monitoring and many more.
Quality of service is guaranteed through our highly sophisticated data centre and monitoring systems.
How it works
SmartNet is an RTK Network that provide the best availability, reliability and traceability using internationally recognised standards for a wide range of uses.
SmartNet is a network of permanent GNSS receivers whose combined data is used to generate RTK corrections for a rover.
Ten years ago, RTK surveys typically involved two GPS receivers (a base and a rover), a lot of batteries and cables, two radios, a tripod, a pole and a backpack to carry it all. Today you can choose betwen a GPS or a GNSS receiver, and, a radio or a mobile phone. Only a few batteries are required, no cables, and it all fits on the pole. And now, with the establishment of RTK Networks, you can also choose to work with an RTK rover within these Networks instead of setting up your own base-station, saving time and money.
- No need to purchase, set up or maintain your own base station
- High reliability RTK and DGNSS corrections
- The accuracy of the rover position is consistent and homogeneous across the area covered by the Network
- The network quality is continuously monitored by Bernese software
- RTK corrections are provided in standardised format (RTCM)
- Corrections are provided using the best RTK Network methods (MAX - iMAX - VRS)
- Receive text alerts on network status