After taking our second delivery of the latest high-tec surveying equipment and enjoying a slice or two of cake, thanks Leica!
We are now all set to provide you with the latest in Mobile Mapping.
Mobile Mapping is now a well-established survey technique and usage of this technology is becoming more widespread.
So, what is Mobile Mapping?
The process of capturing survey grade 3D points and calibrated 360° imagery while travelling at road speed.
Or in other words, surveying the road conditions, utilities, overhead wires and nearby buildings accurately.
This fancy bit of kit, is a complete mobile mapping solution enabling reality capture from car, train or boat.
The two back-to-back cameras create a 24-mega pixel 360° image that can be calibrated in the LiDAR profiler data to enable fast processing at the office.
The Pegasus:Two Ultimate can capture data in a variety of lighting conditions and vehicle speeds;
- Visualisation of captured data
- Complete storage in the cloud
- Point cloud rendering in any browser
- Images are calibrated to the point cloud, and can be used to navigate and measure
Mobile Mapping can be used in a vast range of applications, such as;
- Topographical surveys for large road projects
- White line surveys
- Town or city street mapping and modelling
- Railway surveys
- Airport runway and taxiway surveys
- Quarry mapping
- Beach and cliff erosion mapping and monitoring
- Asses and GIS data collection
Benefits of Mobile Mapping
- Quickly capture a comprehensive dataset that can be used for multiple purposes
- Reduced delivery time with ability to create higher-value deliverables
- Ability to move decision making into the office
- Vehicle mounted survey grade accuracies
- Increased safety