The RD8000 improves on speed, accuracy and reliability yet remains a cost-effective solution delivering unique user features. Powered by a digital architecture, RD8000 delivers a highly controllable and reliable locate solution to service any industry, anywhere in the world.
Network Rail Usage
The RD8000 cable and pipe locator products and their accessories are approved for use on the UK's national rail infrastructure, managed by Network Rail.
Note: All RD8000 Marker locators come with Li-Ion rechargeable battery and mains charger as standard.
• Light weight – at only 1.9kg or 2.3kg for marker models, the RD8000 range is comfortable to use for extended periods
• IP54 protection rating – can operate it in almost any environment
• High contrast backlit LCD screens on both transmitter and locator allow use in any light conditions
• Over 50 software and hardware patents
• Combination of new and innovative algorithms with established software on a high-performance processor core
• Improves the accuracy and repeatability of measurements
• Delivers powerful signal filtering and analysis allowing continued operation even in the most electrically noisy environments
• Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
• Allows the operator to quickly and easily follow the target line
• Maximizes depth measurement accuracy by ensuring the locator is correctly aligned with the target line
Proportional Left – Right Arrows
• Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
• Guides the user to the central axis of the pipe or cable with dynamic left / right arrows, enhanced with differentiating sound
• Distance from target cable indicated by length of arrow
Dynamic Overload Protection
• Extends the RD8000’s locate capability into areas where other products fail
• Automatically filters out large and unwanted signals while ensuring accurate location of the target pipe or cable
• Particularly useful in electrically noisy environments such as power sub stations or near overhead high-voltage cables
RF utility marker locator with automatic depth estimation
• Radiodetection’s unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements when the locator is in close proximity of the marker, without requiring a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process thus providing more accurate results
• Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cable, pipes and RF markers reducing survey time
• RD8000 marker locator models detect all commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries
Bluetooth® Connectivity and GPS
• Bluetooth connectivity as standard. This allows the locators to interface to external devices for easy transfer of survey data directly into maps and databases
• Optional integrated GPS option for RD8000 models, which enables association of survey data with positional data without the need to carry external equipment. The RD Manager PC software allows easy transfer of the locator's survey data directly into common file formats such as KML for Google Earth
• iLOC is an advanced Bluetooth® link between the RD8000 locator and transmitter
• iLOC allows the operator to control the transmitter remotely
• Less time walking and more time locating
• Gives the operator the tools to pass survey information to third-party applications for audit, analysis and reporting
• 1000 locate records can be stored and reviewed
• Upload this information to PDA or PC using RD8000 Bluetooth connection
Depth readings are only indicated when the locator is correctly oriented above the target pipe, cable or sonde or in close proximity to a marker. Unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements without requiring a manual two-step 'lift up' process, delivering faster and more accurate surveys.
Automatic data logging and CALSafe
• Optional integral logging systems for marker models. It records up to 1 year's typical usage of significant locate parameters every second (including positional data for RD8000 GPS models) and helps identifying training and development needs, and provides independent historical records of the instrument's use. Backed-up data on a PC gives virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product
• All marker locator units that feature data logging or GPS provide a convenient 30-day service countdown reminder. CALSafe, a user selectable tool, can be enabled to enforce a recall for service and calibration by disabling the unit after this date.
Three models cable of delivering up to 10W of true output power, maintaining constant current across their entire bandwidth in direct connect, clamp or inductive modes to enable fast and repeatable surveys.
Tx-5 models feature 8kHZ Fault Find functionality; Tx-10 models feature both 8kHZ Fault Find and Current Direction functions.
Tx-5 and Tx-10B models support iLOC functionality which enables remote control features simplying operation and reducing surveyting time.
Tx-10B fully supports the extended range of the RD8000 PTLM locator to targe telecom and power industries.
Rechargeable battery packs for Locators and Transmitters
• Available for Precision Cable and Pipe Locators and the Tx Transmitter range
• Offer increased flexibility
• Provide improved cost-of-ownership
• Deliver excellent run-time and superior cold-weather performance by comparison to standard alkaline batteries
• Can be charged from empty in just three hours from the supplied mains chargers
• No need for operators to replace, manage and recycle alkaline battery cells, reducing the associated costs, workload and environmental burden
• Locator rechargeable battery packs are supplied with a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) as standard. An automotive charger (12V to 24V DC) is also available for use on the move
• Transmitter rechargeable packs are available in kits that include the rechargeable battery pack, a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) and an automotive charger (12V to 24V DC)
• Individual chargers and battery packs are also available as separate parts for both locators and transmitters
Using the Windows® compatible supporting software, locators can be checked for correct calibration and operation over the internet using eCERT™ (for marker models) or eCAL™ (for non marker models) calibration validation service, without needing to return the RD8000 to a service centre. Operators can then print, email or save a calibration certificate, or book a service should any issues be detected.
eCAL can issue and print validation certificate without needing to return the RD8000 to a service center.
The RD8000 range of locators and transmitters are supported by two application suites for Microsoft® Windows®: Centros Manager for standard cable and pipe locators and RD Manager for marker locators.
• Remote online calibration validation through eCAL™ (for standard locators) or eCERT™ (for marker locators)
• Remote product software update as upgrades are released by Radiodetection
RD Manager only functionalities:
• Retrieve and manage stored survey data and internal logging
• Extended warranty registration
The standard 1 year warranty can be extended to a total of 3 years by registering the equipment. Registration is free and provides access to software upgrades and other online features.