Leica Pegasus Two Ultimate Mobile Mapping System
Leica Pegasus:Two Ultimate
A complete mobile mapping solution incorporating two back-to-back cameras creating a 24-megapixel 360-degree image that can be calibrated in the LiDAR profiler data, enabling digital reality captures from car, train or boat to enable fast processing at the office.
The Leica Pegasus: Two Ultimate captures data in a variety of lighting conditions and vehicle speeds – a high dynamic range is enabled by a large sensor-to-pixel ratio and a dual-light sensor. Photogrammetry and image quality is improved with the increased side camera resolution of 12-megapixels and onboard JPEG compression.
Data can be saved directly onto the removable drive and connected seamlessly to any PC or server with a USB 3.0 interface.
Seamless imagery with 360° camera
- 360° 24-megapixel camera system providing stitch-free images
- Telescopic pole - enables easy storage to prevent damage
- Point cloud colourised by 360° camera
- Point cloud and 360° image can be viewed together as an overlay
Increased flexibility with easier data transfer
- Additional sync ports to connect thermal imaging, multibeam sonar and ground penetrating radar sensor
- Additional camera ports for pavement cameras or additional side cameras engaging target image capture on road signs or tunnel walls
- Removable solid-state Hard Disk with integrated USB 3.0 connection
Data sharing independently from web browser
Access and share the data at anytime from anywhere from the cloud to enable faster visualisation, data delivery and project invoicing.
- Visualisation of captured data
- Complete storage in the cloud
- Point cloud rendering in any browser without the need for a plug-in
- Images are calibrated to the point cloud and can be used to navigate and measure
Higher image quality with new side cameras
Thanks to the geometry of the possible stereo pairs, the upgraded systems require less cameras, but offers significant image quality improvement.
- Side cameras deliver 8.0 FPS at 12-megapixels at 61° x 47° FOV
- The maximum pixel size at 10m is 3mm
- Adjustable pavement camera with 12mm lens, enables targeted image capture along a road or in a tunnel
Mobile Mapping can be used in a vast range of applications, such as:
- Topographical surveys for large road projects
- White line surveys
- Town or city street mapping and modelling
- Railway surveys
- Airport runway and taxiway surveys
- Quarry mapping
- Beach and cliff erosion mapping and monitoring
- Asset and GIS data collection
Advantages of using a Mobile Mapping solution:
- Quickly capture a comprehensive dataset that can be used for multiple purposes
- Reduced delivery time with ability to create higher-value deliverables
- Ability to move decision making into the office
- Vehicle mounted survey grade accuracies
- Increased safety